Home

TTR News Center

Tom Brady laughs his way through a special edition of "Mean Tweets" on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live!'

No Comments Entertainment News

Spencer Platt/Getty Images(LOS ANGELES) — (NOTE LANGUAGE) Tom Brady is poised to make NFL history on Sunday when he becomes the only quarterback to play in a Super Bowl across three decades.  But, before the 43-year-old Brady and his Tampa Bay Buccaneers can take on Patrick Mahomes and the Kansas City Chiefs, Jimmy Kimmel served the winningest quarterback in NFL history a large slice of humble pie.

On Thursday’s episode of Jimmy Kimmel Live!, the late night host dedicated a special edition of “Mean Tweets” to the star quarterback, who had to read nothing but not-so-nice tweets about himself from passionate football fans.

The former Patriots player was an exceptionally good sport throughout the segment and smiled as he relayed each scathing insult, such as, “Tom Brady seems like the kind of man who doesn’t know how to use a wrench.”

“It’s kind of true,” Brady shrugged with a grin.

The athlete couldn’t stop laughing as he browsed each diss. He especially lost it when reading off, “Can we be real for a moment, is there really anyone you’d rather see dropped in a vat of rendered bacon fat than Tom Brady?”

Another taunt that he found particularly amusing was, “I hope this loss depresses you so bad that you hardly have sex with your supermodel wife in your giant mansion.”

There was one tweet, however, that the star quarterback didn’t find as amusing as the rest, which wished, “I hope your dog eats chocolate and gets really sick and throws up on your socks.”

“That’s ****ed up,” he deadpanned.

Kimmel also snuck in a slight when introducing the special edition of “Mean Tweets,” noting, “Tom is 43 years old, which is like 100 in Super Bowl years.”

The Super Bowl kicks off Sunday, February 7, at 6:30 p.m. ET.

By Megan Stone
Copyright © 2021, ABC Audio. All rights reserved.

Ryan Seacrest says farewell to E!’s 'Live From the Red Carpet'

No Comments Entertainment News

ABC/Eric McCandless(LOS ANGELES) — Ryan Seacrest has taken his last bow as host of E!’s Live From the Red Carpet

On Wednesday, just ahead of the upcoming 2021 Awards season, the long-time host extraordinaire announced that he would be stepping down from the show he co-hosted with Giuliana Rancic for over a decade. 

“After 14 years of hosting E!’s Live from the Red Carpet I’ve decided to move on to new adventures,” Seacrest said in a statement on Instagram. “I’ll miss the whole crew that works so hard behind the scenes and of course my amazing partner Giuliana. Thanks to everyone for watching all these years.”

The E! network added, “E! has long enjoyed our relationship with Ryan over the years especially as co-host of E!’s signature red carpet series. He has been instrumental in giving viewers a front row seat to some of Hollywood’s biggest nights. We are extremely appreciative of his many contributions and he will always be part of the E! family.”

By Danielle Long
Copyright © 2021, ABC Audio. All rights reserved.

Benson and Stabler will reunite in 'Law & Order' crossover event

No Comments Entertainment News

NBC/Virginia Sherwood(NEW YORK) — Fans of Law & Order: SVU had been champing at the bit to see Mariska Hargitay’s Olivia Benson and Chris Meloni’s Elliot Stabler reunited onscreen, and now we know when that will happen.

NBC has announced that the former TV cop partners will re-team on Thursday, April 1, in a crossover between Law & Order: SVU and Meloni’s new show, Law & Order: Organized Crime. The event kicks off at 9 p.m. ET on NBC, and continues through L&O: OC‘s 10 p.m. slot.

According to the network, “Elliot Stabler returns to the NYPD to battle organized crime after a devastating personal loss. Stabler will aim to rebuild his life as part of a new elite task force that is taking apart the city’s most powerful criminal syndicates one by one.”

Dylan McDermott and Tamara Taylor also star in the new show from Law & Order creator Dick Wolf.

By Stephen Iervolino
Copyright © 2021, ABC Audio. All rights reserved.

 

Former President Donald Trump quits Screen Actors Guild ahead of a possible ouster

No Comments Entertainment News

ABC/ Ida Mae Astute(LOS ANGELES) — Before he was president, Donald Trump was a fixture on TV and made the occasional movie cameo, and as such was a card-carrying member of the showbiz performers union SAG-AFTRA.

However, that is no more. 

Trump quit the organization Thursday, after SAG-AFTRA President Gabrielle Carteris and National Executive Director David White on January 19 announced a disciplinary hearing against him over what the organization claims was “Trump’s role in inciting the attack on the U.S. Capitol on January 6,” and in “sustaining a reckless campaign of misinformation aimed at…journalists, many of whom are SAG-AFTRA members.”

In his resignation letter from the union, former President Trump said, “I write to you today regarding the so-called Disciplinary Committee hearing aimed at revoking my union membership. Who cares!”

He added of the SAG-AFTRA heads, “While I’m not familiar with your work, I’m very proud of my work on movies such as Home Alone 2Zoolander and Wall Street: Money Never Sleeps; and television shows including The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air, Saturday Night Live, and of course, one of the most successful shows in television history, The Apprentice – to name just a few!”

Trump called the announcement of the disciplinary action a “blatant attempt at free media attention to distract from your dismal record as a union.”

He commented, “Your organization has done little for its members, and nothing for me – besides collecting dues and promoting dangerous un-American policies and ideas – as evident by your massive unemployment rates and lawsuits from celebrated actors, who even recorded a video asking, ‘Why isn’t the union fighting for me?'”

Trump closed with, “I no longer wish to be associated with your union…You have done nothing for me.”

In response, Cateris and White replied only, “Thank you.”

By Stephen Iervolino
Copyright © 2021, ABC Audio. All rights reserved.

Warner Bros. suspends shooting of 'Fantastic Beasts' threequel after positive COVID test

No Comments Entertainment News

Eddie Redmayne as Newt Scamander; Courtesy of Warner Bros. Pictures(LONDON) — Production on the third film in the Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them series has been “paused,” producers say, after a member of the Warner Bros. production tested positive for COVID-19. 

The film, currently shooting at Leavesden Studios in the U.K., stopped production “out of an abundance of caution,” and “will be back up in accordance with safety guidelines,” noted the studio in a statement. 

Warner Bros. didn’t specify if the “team member” in question was part of the cast or the crew, but explained, “The diagnosis was confirmed as a result of required and ongoing testing that all production employees receive,” and that the person in question is currently in isolation.

The third film in the series based on J.K. Rowling’s books hit a snag in November, when Johnny Depp was asked to step down from the film following his messy court drama with ex-wife Amber Heard.  His role of Gellert Grindelwald was eventually recast with Doctor Strange‘s Mads Mikkelson.

Oscar winner Eddie Redmayne reprises his role as magical animal hunter Newt Scamander in the third movie, which is set for a summer, 2022 release.

By Stephen Iervolino
Copyright © 2021, ABC Audio. All rights reserved.